Why You Should Own a Sonicare Toothbrush
While maintaining a daily oral hygiene routine is a vital part of taking care of yourself, it’s sometimes difficult to make it a priority. After all, it’s the easiest thing to cut out of your mornings if you’re in hurry to get to work or school. End-of-day exhaustion might mean you skip brushing and flossing to fall face-first into bed.
Even with a busy lifestyle, one of the simplest ways to create wellbeing is to take care of your oral health. Gum disease is a serious threat. Not only can periodontal infections damage your gums and teeth, the inflammation can affect other areas of your body—especially if you’re already suffering from other illnesses, such as COPD, diabetes, or rheumatoid arthritis.
One way to support your efforts to maintain healthy teeth and gums is to use Sonicare toothbrushes. The advantages of using this type of toothbrush are many!
- Sonicare toothbrushes have been clinically proven to significantly reduce coffee, tea, and tobacco stains with just a month of consistent use. So you can whiten your smile just by using the Sonicare toothbrush.
- Manually brushing your teeth produces around 300 strokes a minute. With Sonicare, you get up to 40,000 strokes per minute! This means it’s a much better tool for removing plaque, even in those hard-to-reach places. And it’s really effective for patients who wear braces!
- Studies support the Sonicare toothbrush’s ability to reverse gingivitis and shrink periodontal pockets. The massaging action of the toothbrush increases blood circulation, too.
- If you suffer from dry mouth due to medication or illness, the Sonicare toothbrush will stimulate saliva production. Regular saliva production is a key element in protecting your oral health because saliva washes away particles clinging to your teeth.
- Sonicare toothbrushes are easier for people with dexterity problems, such as arthritis suffers, to hold and use.
- Since Sonicare toothbrushes use a two-minute timer, users brush their teeth for a longer period of time than when using manual toothbrushes. Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes during each oral hygiene session means you’re removing more plaque and keeping your teeth and gums free of cavity-causing bacteria.
Sonicare toothbrushes are an excellent investment in your smile future. You can reduce chances of getting periodontal infections and cavities while also brightening your smile. We highly recommend this valuable tool to ensure your oral health.
Contact Rocky Mountain Periodontal Specialists
Rocky Mountain Periodontal Specialists serve Colorado Springs, our military, and surrounding communities. If you need periodontal care, please request your appointment today!